Friday, January 22, 2010

Conan lost me

I have always really loved his show, and I think it's terrible that he's gotten the wrong end of the stick when it comes to the Tonight Show. But rather than take the lumps (and the buyout) over to a different network in the fall, he turned his last week of the Tonight Show into a "stick it to NBC as hard as humanly possible" show. 

I certainly don't know how it would feel to be in his position, to have your dream job stripped from you after only a few months, and I imagine his anger is justifiable (especially when he's lost the rights to so many of his character creations). But he lost my sympathy with the way he's making his exit. 

I should also say that I'm sure he doesn't need my sympathy.

Watching him blow $1.5 million just to jab at NBC doesn't change my feelings of hope that Conan will find success with whatever network he lands on in the fall, but it shows me that he's just as willing to hit below the belt as the network did. 

Posted via email from JasonHarwell.com

No comments: