Thursday, April 29, 2010

Some recent design work.

Here are a couple of album designs I've worked on recently (and had a blast doing, I might add). The first one is for Atlanta songwriter Jeff Delbridge's upcoming digital release, Endless Ocean, which has an absolute ton of REAL symphonic strings all over the place. If you like the Amelie soundtrack (or Sufjan Stevens or Elliot Smith), then you'll do well to give this a listen on your favorite digital retailer when it's up. Jeff had Hassel Weems shoot some photos at the Chattanooga Aquarium and wanted to use those as a basis for the design, so that's what I did. Good stuff. http://www.jeffdelbridge.com

The second design is for our good friend from Melbourne, Australia, Levi McGrath, and his new album, Children of War. If you were up on the old Rebuilt Records podcast (still available on iTunes, I think), you would recognize Levi from the podcast I did with the wonderful Mark & Niki Tulk from Small House Records (now Small House Creative here in America... and right down the street from me, to be exact), the label which releases Levi's records. Levi got to come back to the US to record vocals last Fall at RoomFiftyThree (Mark's new studio here in Athens), and I was blown away by some of the photos he took on a recent trip to Uganda (on which the album's music and design are based). Levi has some pretty heartbreaking stories about children soldiers, and his heart for them is pretty inspiring. I encourage you to check out Levi's music online at http://www.levimcgrath.com and read more about his adventures in Africa and elsewhere. He's also quite handsome. There, I said it.

Thanks for letting me be a part of your art, fellas.

Posted via email from JasonHarwell.com

No comments: