Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Levels.

[[posterous-content:pid___0]]My lovely wife and our kiddos are out of town having adventures for a few days, so today I tried to take the opportunity to do some things I don't do very often (in addition to the work-stuff and errands I do pretty regularly).

I had breakfast with Tae kwon John at a really great local restaurant (mmmm.... Mama's Boy...)

I watched a baseball game on television.

And I spent a little time out at the practice space turning sounds into little 1s and 0s and watching the needles jump.

I didn't record anything of any note, really. I'm still getting the setup dialed in and learning to use the new multitracker I bought last month, so I just threw a drum loop into it and played some stuff from my cheesy Wurlitzter student organ to get levels and begin developing a good workflow. But doing these things helps to put things in balance for me somehow, and that's a good thing for them, too.

Posted via email from JasonHarwell.com

No comments: